Have you heard of the saying “If there’s a will, there’s a way”? If you want to achieve your goals or if you want to be successful, all you need is motivation and drive. To master your motivation and to find your drive, here are key ways to turn yourself into a better and empowered you.
1. Write your goals
What are they? What do you want to achieve? These are the questions that could make up your list of goals.
- In every intention that you write, put a deadline.
- After that, know the resources and actions that you’ll need to achieve that goal.
- Once you have filled up that list, read them regularly to remind you of what to do.
2. Keep learning
Even though you have finished college, don’t stop learning for it’s one of the most empowering things you can do.
- It is also one way of bringing excitement into your life.
- Remember that the more you know, the better.
- Surf the net or scan a book on topics that you are unfamiliar with, to help you find the answers that you are looking for.
3. Avoid negative people
One of the best ways to be a better person is avoiding negative people in your life.
- Avoid people who pull you down.
- Choose your friends for there are good and bad ones.
- It’s best to spend time with positive people who will encourage and support you in all your goals.
4. Be open to change
To be better, you need to be open to changes.
- Try out things that are different from what you are used to doing. It allows you to grow by experiencing new things. At the same time, it improves your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Replace bad habits.
5. Be independent at everything
Don’t rely on others when setting up your life. You need to do it by yourself. It’s your mind, and it’s your body, so you’re the one responsible for taking care of it.
- Being independent means, you’ll have to provide for yourself such as your basic everyday needs.
- Becoming independent also means achieving financial stability.
- What’s even best about being independent is that you face any challenges in life without bothering your family or loved ones.
6. Have a savings plan
If you don’t have a savings plan, then it’s better to have one now.
- You can save for the future by merely saving ten percent of your salary.
- Stick to a budget and make sure to spend only what you can afford.
- Many people make mistakes of paying more than what they can provide which then results in endless debt.
- If you don’t want that to happen, start saving now for the future and emergency purposes.
7. Build self-esteem
Think and take time in making notes of your good qualities.
- List down the qualities that people love about you.
- You need to learn to appreciate yourself. It may take a lot of time and practice, nevertheless, develop it as a useful
- Be gentle with yourself and avoid doubts and negativity. Always think that you can do it, just be positive!
8. Improve public speaking
One of the good ways to be a better and empowered person is having the ability to speak confidently.
- It is proven that good communicators can navigate their way through life effortlessly and enjoys more success in life.
- To be an excellent public speaker, you need to step out your comfort zone and face your fears.
- Though it takes a lot of practice, nothing is impossible if you are determined.
9. Let go of anger
Having anger in your heart can lead to bad decisions in life. To be a better person, you need to let go of anger. Though it’s easier said than done, there are ways which you can do to release it from your heart or system gently.
- You can try counseling, meditation or exercises.
- You need to learn to manage your thoughts.
- Remember that too much anger can lead to different problems such as heart attacks, digestive problems or even difficulty in sleeping.
10. Stop complaining
The habit of complaining is one of the worst attitudes of a person. People who complain a lot are usually pessimistic and cynical in nature. Don’t be one of them.
- Remember that complaining can’t change any situation.
- If ever you encounter challenges or problems, don’t complain and just find a solution to it.
In a nutshell
Being a better and empowered person doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time. You need to trust and believe that you have the capacity to achieve even the most impossible things—start small, start becoming better today.
If you enjoyed this post, feel free to share it with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring!
Author: Joel Curtis
Joel Curtis is a registered Psychologists with Endeavour Wellness and has over 17 years of experience. Joel holds a Masters’ Degree in Psychology from Western Sydney University. Joel owns a number of private practices in Sydney and provides expert content for several national TV and Radio programmes.