Have you ever heard the expression, “It’s written all over your face?” Well, there may, in fact, be some truth to that.
Face Reading has been around for ages and has been used to make predictions about one’s past, present and future.
Just like palm reading, face reading takes into account subtle lines, contours and the overall appearance in order to determine the person’s fate, health and personality.
Face Readings have even been used by corporate companies to help determine whether an employee would be a good fit for a company.
There are many different types and styles of Face Reading, but this guide will help you to learn the basics.
The anatomy of the face
- The left side of the face represents the person’s character and temperament.
- The right side of the face represents the person’s emotions and relationships.
- The upper part of the face (forehead) represents childhood, the past and the relationship with parents.
- The mid part of the face including the eyes, nose and cheeks represents the present and the middle years of life.
- The lower part of the face including the chin represents the future and later years of life, it also represents the person’s private life.
The shape of the face
There are three main face shapes used in Face Reading. If you fit into multiple categories, you can blend the interpretation of both.
Face Type #1: Oval Face
Those with an oval face are intellectual but also dreamers. They may change ideas or goals frequently. They are often shy and self-conscious. Can be manipulative or have a hard time feeling grounded. Often get into professions in music and writing.
Face Type #2: Square Face
Those with a square or athletic face are often strong willed and very determined. They can be quick to anger and feel easily frustrated when things don’t go their way. Indicates a lot of self-confidence and a practical nature. Most often seen in political leaders or people in a position of power.
Face Type #3: Round/Heart Face
Those with a round face are adaptable, methodical and practical. They usually have a sophistication about them and love spending time with others. Are often interested in many topics and areas and have a fun loving personality. They can be aggressive or even untrustworthy. They love working with people.
- High and wide foreheads are a sign of intelligence.
- Low and wide foreheads are a sign of patience and perseverance.
- High and narrow foreheads are a sign of being practical and analytical.
- Low and narrow foreheads are a sign of cunningness and dishonesty.
- Blemished foreheads are said to indicate a troubled childhood or repressed emotions.
- A mole near the eyebrow indicates financial luck.
- Eyebrows are associated with health and longevity- the thicker and fuller the eyebrows the healthier the person is and the more fertile.
The eyes are definitely the window to the soul and can indicate the vitality, energy and personality of a person. Here is what to look for:
- Size: large eyes indicate sensitivity, compassion and creativity; small eyes indicate a strong will, inner power and a practical mindset.
- Spacing: eyes that are close together indicate a high intuition but also a jealous personality; eyes far apart indicate a lack of motivation but excellent people skills.
- Corners: eye corners that turn up indicate sincerity and honesty; eye corners that turn down indicate good fortune; rounded corners indicate kindness and sharp eye corners indicate adaptability.
The size and shape of the nose indicate the person’s ability to prosper and take on life’s challenges. The nose also indicates intelligence and career. Here is what to look for:
- Short Nose: indicates flexibility, dependability, open-mindedness; can also indicate someone who spends too freely or has a hard time getting along with others.
- Long Nose: indicates a strong sense of responsibility, love to learn/study and have a very practical mindset; can take things too seriously at times and may find it hard to love openly.
- Flat Nose: indicates loyalty and patience; has the stamina to go that extra mile and often succeeds in pursuit of career goals.
- Crooked Nose: indicates creative talents and success, can indicate an unstable mind or a mind that likes to wander from goal to goal.
- Pointed Nose: indicates strong intuition and femininity; often has an interest in arts and music
- Large Mouth: A large, thick-lipped mouth indicates success, a love of food and people and a very generous nature. These people are considered to have a good “appetite” for life and are very outgoing.
- Small Mouth: A small, thin-lipped mouth indicates sensitivity, independence and self-consciousness. These people are considered to be introverted, hard-working and very in tune with their intuition.
- Thicker Upper Lip: when the upper lip is thicker than the lower lip it indicates an affectionate person with a love of life. Can also indicate multiple marriages or a very strong independence.
- Thinner Upper Lip: when the upper lip is thinner than the lower lip it indicates someone who is eager to please or someone who worries a lot. Can also indicate someone who is very dependable.
- Straight Lips: indicates someone who is very practical and analytical, usually someone who is reserved in their behaviour.
- Lips Curved Up: lips curved up in the corners indicates someone who needs a lot of self-assurance. This person may find it hard to open up to people they have just met.
- Lips Curved Down: lips curved down in the corners indicates someone who is very warm and affectionate. May also indicate a homebody or someone who is very dedicated to their family.
- Large Ears: indicates masculinity, courage and strong drive and determination.
- Small Ears: indicates strong creativity, may be a late bloomer in life.
- Large Upper Ear: people who have larger upper ears are often very intelligent and have a good memory, they are very responsible and often achieve many things in life.
- Large Lower Ear: people who have large lower ears or large lobes are usually extremely kind and full of fun. They love being with people and may be natural entertainers.
- High Cheek Bones: indicates a very private person, may also hold empathic or intuitive gifts.
- Flat Cheeks: indicates a very polite person who may be shy or have a hard time expressing their true feelings.
- Plump Cheeks: indicates someone who is playful and light-hearted, often a sign of a great sense of humour.
- Blemishes: blemishes on the cheeks can indicate poor digestive health or an inability to “digest” emotions.
- Very prominent chin/jawline: indicates someone who is very active and likes to take charge, often a leader of some kind. Can be very judgemental and strongly opinionated.
- Rounded chin/Soft jawline: indicates someone who is very traditional and family focused. Pays great attention to detail and can be very conventional.
- Blemishes: blemishes, spots or pimples on the chin can indicate a hormone imbalance or issues with your own masculinity/femininity.
Once you understand the basics of face reading, you can then use this knowledge coupled with your own intuition to work out what a particular facial feature may mean. Of course, this is not an exact science so have fun with it!
Thanks for reading this post. Please feel free to share this post with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring!
Creator of Forever Conscious and other things.